Keeping students and staff safe is essential to create an effective learning environment.
Gallagher's integrated security solutions provide complete campus control from one central management platform, and a seamless experience for your entire learning community.
Click to find out more about the benefits of Gallagher security solutions for education.
Gallagher Command Centre allows operators to respond swiftly and accurately during critical events such as fire, natural disaster, terrorism or active shooter threats, providing peace of mind that your campus is a safe and secure environment.
- Create a secure yet welcoming campus using unobtrusive security systems that channel people through specific access points.
- Identify, locate and respond to potential risks on campus in real-time using Command Centre's advanced site management features.
- Powerful emergency response and lockdown features protect people and assets, and provide an audit trail for review after the event.
- Secure your campus quickly with the push of a button, instantly triggering evacuation processes or initiating building or entire campus lockdown.
- Communicate using building intercom systems and broadcast notifications to mobile phones. Send instructions and updates on threat levels to students and staff, with different messages based on where they are on campus.
- Ensure everyone is safe, even if hearing impaired, with visual strobe light alarms.
The Gallagher system makes it easy to control access to create an open yet secure environment that keeps people and assets safe.
- Use access cards or Gallagher's Mobile Connect app to check students and staff at the door to make sure they are entitled to be there.
- Access can be based on enrolment or HR information, or individual competencies including inductions, licenses, training and qualifications to ensure people only have access to areas they are qualified to be in.
- Synchronize student and employee data between your HR system and Command Centre to allow for automatic configuration of access credentials.
- Control access to restricted areas and automatically lock teaching rooms when not in use.
- Ensure your duty of care to keep students safe and supported in student accommodation buildings.
- Monitor student access to residential areas, including their last door access, with integrated access control.
- Manage visitors on campus and residential areas to control visiting hours and protocols. Track visitor arrival and departure, and generate notifications about visitors who are overdue to leave.
Offer the best student experience by providing streamlined access to resources using Gallagher’s Mobile Connect app or a single access card.
- Access to classrooms, lecture theaters, computer labs, elevators, accommodation, parking, the gym, cafeterias, libraries, lockers, printing facilities, meeting rooms and common use areas can all be efficiently managed from one central system.
- Improve the start of year arrival process by pre-setting student credentials to allow immediate access, avoiding queues and delays.
- Use one system to save administration time, improve productivity and allow staff to be more available to engage with students.
- Reduce expenses associated with storage and replacement of lost access cards, ID cards, library cards and keys.
- Manage locker access, automate allocation and ensure the best use of locker resources. Flexible allocation times and a dynamic locker viewer make it easy to provide lockers for students to secure personal items.
- The Gallagher Mobile Connect app allows people to use their mobile device instead of an access card.
A cyber breach has the potential to unlock doors, compromise building systems or expose personal data, with far reaching consequences. Gallagher’s continually evolving software technology and cyber security counter measures are designed to mitigate the risk of cyber-attack and protect your data.
- Protect personal data with end-to-end encryption and user authentication.
- Receive expert configuration advice to deploy the system in a secure environment, and a Gallagher hardening guide to further strengthen each component.
- Implement regular software and hardware updates across all devices to stay up to date with cyber threats and effectively manage obsolescence.
- Gallagher carries out external and internal penetration testing during development to identify vulnerabilities before updates or new solutions are released.
Gallagher Command Centre allows you to efficiently manage a distributed campus featuring multiple sites and buildings, each with different requirements, from one centralized system. Integration with room booking, scheduling, student management and HR systems streamlines building and people management, saving time and money while enabling staff to focus on other areas.
- Manage room bookings - search, plan, book or reschedule rooms and course timetables.
- Lock or unlock rooms, and activate room services such as lighting and air conditioning based on scheduled bookings.
- Monitor and control HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), air quality and other building management systems.
- Increase system efficiency, while reducing operational and training costs, energy use and utility costs.
- Be ready for future growth in student numbers, campus extension or building upgrades with a scalable and highly flexible system.
- Stay informed and make decisions using Command Centre's powerful reporting tools. A comprehensive audit trail documents facility use and event reporting.
Get in touch to find out more about how Gallagher solutions can help you to create a safe and secure learning environment.